Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Spires 

Remember the heart I gave to Susan? It was sunny and bright marigold orange. (Go back to the post called the I and I Project for a photo of the heart) Well, here's her response. She was struck by the patchwork quality of the piece so she went with that as her theme:


Susan said this was a difficult piece for her to work out but I found it inspiring. I saw it as a landscape that I wanted to explore. I ended up making a spiral pathway with spires that I envisioned walking through like a walking maze. 



Somehow though I still wasn't satisfied that I'd really gotten at the spirit of a journey into the mind that I was going for so I ended up making a bonus piece. Enjoy!


This was a real departure for me and it is exactly the type of thing I hope to have happening along the way with this project.

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment