Sunday, September 10, 2017

Gentle Eggs

As promised, we'll bring the second line of our project up to speed. I made my little 'fish' piece inspired by Susan's painting and here's what she made from that:


After spending some time looking at Susan's painting I was inspired by the movement in the spheres at the very top of the painting as well as the globe type pieces which she made with collaged map pieces. From these elements I decided to try making a sphere within a sphere. Then I would cut away part of the outer sphere to reveal the sphere inside. In choosing my glazes I wanted to have the outer 'shell' appear to be very strong and the inner sphere to appear fragile and egg-like. Here's the result!


Please feel free to leave a comment below and to pass along the post!
Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment