Saturday, September 9, 2017

The I and I Project Round 2

After our first round of work inspired by each other's work, Susan and I traded projects again. We both got very excited by the first round so were curious to see where this would go next. Here's the result!

Line 1 


Originally I made the little bird sculpture from last post and Susan responded with this painting representing the feeling of a bird in a tree. Now it was my turn to respond to her painting. As I looked at it I saw a little bear in the lower right corner. It just seemed to want to come out of the painting so here's what I made.


Line 2:


We'll catch you up on this one next time around.

Line 3:



This line started with the sort of sun/sunflower piece I made and Susan responded with this bright and lively painting. As I looked at it I saw a heart shape coming through. I've made a lot of hearts in the past year as part of my 'Hearts Full of Love' fundraiser project so maybe I've got hearts on the brain. Anyway, I decided to made a freestanding heart based on what I saw in Susan's painting. Here's what I came up with:


Save the Date:

Mark your calendars for October 7th and come to our Progress Show of the whole project to date. It will be the first time Susan and I have seen the pieces all together. The show will be at my studio, The Pot Shop, in Philo, CA. We'll be holding talks / Q and A at 11 and 1 o'clock about the project.

The show is part of Mendocino County Celebrates American Craft Week. For a full listing of all the shows and events visit www.MendocinoCraftWeek.com

Please feel free to leave a comment below and share the blog with anyone you think would enjoy following the project.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment