Here is a new entry to the Summer Fruit Recipe Contest on The Pot Shop's Facebook page. I baked mine with peaches and a few blueberries and it was delicious! I baked it for about 50 minutes and maybe could have left it another 5 as it was still very juicy. If you have a great recipe using fruit please post it on my Facebook or e-mail it to me at email@example.com
Fruit Kuchen with Rosemary
½ cup butter or olive oil
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
5-6 cups fruit, such as sliced nectarines, peaches, prune plums, figs, apricots, or blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries. Or mix them up!
Juice of 1 lemon
Turbinado sugar (or other raw, course grain sugar)
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary.
Preheat oven to 350. · Grease 12” ceramic cake or pie pan with butter or olive oil, and coat with breadcrumbs or flour.
· Cream the butter / olive oil.
· Add sugar while mixer is running.
· Add eggs one at a time, beating until mixed.
· Mix baking powder into cup of flour and add that slowly to the batter while mixing, until just incorporated - don't over mix!
· Spread into pan. Pile on the fruit, or arrange in a spiral pattern. Try to avoid getting fruit right up to the edge. Press the fruit lightly into batter.
· Sprinkle first with juice of one juicy lemon, then turbinado sugar and then chopped rosemary. (Don't be shy with lemon and sugar.)
· Bake in oven until the middle is set and it takes on a nice golden brown color.
· Let it cool and serve out of the pan.